top of page

What is a skip permit or skip licence?

If you place a skip on a public road, rather than on private land, you'll need a skip hire permit from your council.

You will need to contact your local council for their exact rules for lights and markings prior to the delivery of your skip.

Whilst you can’t put a skip on the pavement, you don’t need to worry if you’re putting the skip entirely on private land.

Skip permits costs vary and you may need to add safety lights or markings around the skip eg

• reflective markings

• traffic cones

• night-time safety lamps

• the name and telephone number of the skip hire company

If you’d like any advice about requesting a skip permit from your local council - we are happy to help.

67 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All


bottom of page